Maria (Mary) Schrag1836 - 1874 (37 years)
Name Maria (Mary) Schrag Born 6 Sep 1836 Lemon Twp., Butler Co., OH
- Fairview Farm
Gender Female Died 13 May 1874 Butler Co., OH 
- 1874? H. H.’s chart
Buried Trenton, Butler Co., OH
- Mennonite Cemetery #32
Person ID I2052 Schrock-Birkey Connection Last Modified 23 Apr 2012
Father Peter Schrock, b. 15 Jun 1802, Gondrexange, Moselle, FR , d. 7 Sep 1887, Trenton, Butler Co., OH (Age 85 years) Mother Marie Zimmerman, b. 17 Apr 1801, Emmendingen, Baden-Württemberg, GR , d. 31 Dec 1862, Trenton, Butler Co., OH (Age 61 years) Married 25 Aug 1827 Robert-Espagne, Meuse, FR [3, 4]
- The bride was described as a 26-year-old day laborer born at Emmendingen, Baden April 7, 1801, a daughter of laborer Jacob Zimmerman and Elisabeth Becher, who were present and consenting. Witnesses included miller Joseph Engel, 50, a friend of the groom and resident of Robert-Espagne
- Translation of marriage record by Neil Ann Stucky Levine:
Here's what the marriage record says, with a few comments added. I've used German spellings. On Aug. 25, 1827, Peter Schrag, apprentice miller (compagnon meunier), 25, b. at Gondrexange, Meurthe [Moselle today], June 15, 1802, living in Robert-Espagne, son of majority age of Joseph Schrag, unskilled laborer (manoeuvre) and Maria Neuhauser, living at Rhodes, who did not attend the civil ceremony in Robert-Espagne but instead forwarded official notice of their consent via a royal notary at Sarrebourg in a document dated Aug. 22, 1827, married Maria Zimmermann, a day worker, 26, b. in Emmendingen, [Grand] Duchy of Baden, Apr. 17, 1801, daughter of majority age
of Jacob Zimmermann, unskilled laborer, and Elisabeth Becher [?Bächer or perhaps ?Baechler], his wife, both living in Robert-Espapgne, both of whom attended the civil ceremony.
Banns at Robert-Espagne on Sundays, Aug. 12 and 19, at noon, and at Rhodes and Blâmont [?why here] on the same dates. All being in order, Peter Schrag and Maria Zimmermann are man and wife. The four mandatory witnesses [the first two customarily for the groom, the second two for the bride]:
1) Joseph Engel, miller, 50, living in Robert-Espagne, friend of the couple;
2) Jean Pierre Olivier, locksmith (serrurier), 31, living in Robert-Espagne,
friend of the couple;
3) Jean Baptiste Hirat, tobacco retailer (débitant de tabac), 32, living in Robert-Espagne, friend of the couple; and
4) Hilaire Joseph Remy, operator of a boarding house (maître de pension), 29, living in
Comments: No one of the four witnesses was a relative of either the bride or the groom, which indicates that there were likely no other relatives or fellow believers in town. You will know the first witness, Joseph Engel, from my work on the Lange letters. The other three men just happened to be available in Robert-Espagne, and they were probably paid something to perform this civic duty.
Family ID F205 Group Sheet | Family Chart
Family Christian Kinsinger, b. 17 Sep 1836, d. 21 Oct 1868 (Age 32 years) Married 5 Mar 1861 Butler Co., OH  Children 1. Veronica Elise Kinsinger, b. 9 Jan 1862, d. 1876 (Age 13 years) 2. Lisetta H. Kinsinger, b. 15 Jan 1865, d. 28 Jul 1937 (Age 72 years) Last Modified 20 May 2002 Family ID F1459 Group Sheet | Family Chart
Event Map Born - 6 Sep 1836 - Lemon Twp., Butler Co., OH Married - 5 Mar 1861 - Butler Co., OH Died - 13 May 1874 - Butler Co., OH Buried - - Trenton, Butler Co., OH = Link to Google Earth
- On August 8, 1874, the Court of Probate, at Hamilton, in the County of Butler, granted Mary’s older brother, Peter Schrock Jr., the Administration (responsibility) of settling her estate. By fact of their oaths, B. F. Thomas, John Schrock (Mary’s younger brother), and C. K. Augspurger (a first cousin of her husband Christian), agreed to the terms defined in the Letters of Administration for Mary’s estate. 
- [S125] Schrock Farms April1, 1908 - 2008.
- [S837] Schrocks and Augspurgers, Marilyn L. Holthouse, Jim Schrock gives day as 18 May 1874.
- [S740] Marriage document of Peter Schrock and Marie Zimmerman.
- [S136] The Schrag-Schrock Family, beginning with Joseph Schrag Sr., Eugene C. Schrock, editor (1996), Year was given as 1825.
- [S218] Kinfolk (Schrock/Garber/Kinsinger families), Barbara Jeane Purdy Lorenz.
- [S713] The Chrisholm Times--A Newsletter for Friends of Chrisholm, Jim Schrock .
- [S125] Schrock Farms April1, 1908 - 2008.